3 shoes

Posted by TwistedFantasies | Posted in | Posted on 8:19 AM

I haven't been daydreaming as much about my usual world lately.
  My usual dreams about this guy I like in real life but I'm too shy to say anything to him. :/ I daydream we're at the park, pool or somewhere and it's perfect. I don't know if this could make it easier to talk to him if I daydream I'm talking to him.. I usually try not to daydream about real people 'cuz I think it leads to a distorted view of reality.

I've never realized how much daydreaming has made real life so absent in color. It's like I lay down and daydream for a couple hours and come back to my real life then look around  the room at the pale wallpaper and bare floor.. it's like what the hell is this? I should be ashamed of myself running from the real world which people call "beautiful" I don't see how beautiful it is right now, but I used to.

I had a dream the other night I was carrying 3 shoes. According to dream dictionary, dreammoods.com,
In general, shoes represent your approach to life. Wearing shoes in your dream, suggests that you are well-grounded or down to earth. If you are changing your shoes, then it refers to your changing roles. You are taking a new approach to life.

Three signifies life, vitality, inner strength, completion, imagination, creativity, energy, self-exploration and experience.

 Maybe this dream means I'm supposed to use creativity & imagination to walk through life.. I don't know what this means.
I want to go on a daydream binge today but I have things to do.. If I supress the daydreaming, it only makes it harder to cope with real life. 
I've started listening to different music and I really like this one song:
Within Temptation - Our solemn hour

 

Comments (2)

If I'm allowed to comment here...

I realize that problem with people in reality and in dreams. It is just so hard to put things straight and more even, if you already hate your surroundings (people included) and you have to wake up from the daydreams... it sucks. Maybe the biggest problem is when "idealize" people, and get shocked for what they are in reality. Talk about more depression. I hope you didn't go to the limit of even literally "falling" in love, with someone online, so different and so far away.

About the dream. Dreams, in my culture and literature, are not to be interpreted in those symbolisms. As far as I remember, shoes in dreams for a man, are relations. Maybe it is the same for a female, I'm not sure. Also it depends if you did any activities before that dream (fashion shopping, thinking about some fashion, ...etc). If this is the case, then most probably, the dream is just an extraction of ideas and might not have a direct interpretation.

Good luck!

Developed this problem when I was younger. I built this whole other world in my head, put in everyone and everything I know, and fell in love with this guy I was attracted to, whose personality was entirely my own creation. I spent three years in love with who he was in my head, three years living in my head.. so whenever I pulled myself out of that world, it felt like the real world seemed hazy and unreal. I still knew the difference between fantasy and reality, but I felt less connected to everything in reality, even though I knew that that was reality.

Decided to end it once and for all after I realized how long I've been letting this happen. Decided to know him once and for all. Once I figured he wasn't who I thought he was, I started dismantling the dream and lived life differently, trying to stay grounded.

Sounds like you're starting to feel less attached to reality, and while I know you can still tell the difference, it's best to be reminded that the real world does exist, and it's beautiful. Not as beautiful or ideal as our daydreams, I know. But it has its own charms. To keep myself grounded, I took up photography, made it a point to chat with random people, not just friends or people I know, help out, sometimes just take a walk and remind myself that there's a world beyond the one I have in my head.

I hope things start looking up for you. Best of luck. :)

Post a Comment